Alex Viada will be traveling to Barbar Gym in Prague, Czech Republic in January 2018 to discuss hybrid training principles, sports nutrition, and training for elite sport performance. The
The seminar follows the curriculum of the CHP Hybrid Level 1 Certification Course and is the best systematic overview of hybrid training methodology, but will also cover all new material based on our team sport training. Be sure to grab your copy of The Hybrid Athlete before the event!
An Introduction to Applied Hybrid Training Methodology: Understanding and Programming Concurrent Strength and Endurance Training
The course material is targeted towards both coaches and athletes, designed to give them the knowledge to train and function as a hybrid athlete. This, includes physiology, nutrition, biomechanics, special considerations (psychological and physical) of crossover athletes, and special attention paid to sports that are hybrid in nature.
- Introduction to Hybrid Training
- Cardiopulmonary and musculoskeletal adaptations: resistance training versus endurance/conditioning, essential principles of recovery
- Sport Psychology overview, video conference with CHP performance psychology coach, Jonathan Pietrunti
- Managing concurrent training recovery and injury prevention
- Nutrition for the athlete, including game day nutrition, carbohydrate loading, and hydration
- Optimizing body composition- how to plan your season or year to be the leanest, fastest athlete you can be
- Endurance training for the strength athlete
- Teaching the run, including gait analysis and injury prevention
- Practical demonstrations of athlete structure and tailoring movements/lifts
- Strength training for the endurance athlete – bio-mechanics and psychological considerations
- Sample Programming and Programming For Your Athletes
- HALF DAY LIFTING AND RUNNING CLINIC- coaching cues for the major lifts, and demonstrating how to perform and conduct a full gait analysis, using an athlete’s running form to assess injuries and imbalances.
Follow Barbar Gym on Facebook!
Tickets will be on sale soon!
Interested in having us host a seminar at your facility? Let us know!