Once you get the basics covered, nutrition is pretty simple.
Training for muscle growth can get more complicated, a lot more complicated.
Walk into any gym and it seems like everyone is doing different exercises.
Then you read an article online about how you need to use a different rep range.
Then a friend tells you to stop worrying about getting stronger and just focus on getting a pump.
And of course you’re tempted to spend most of your workout doing assistance exercises, but you’re not sure what kind or how many.
Deciding on the right training program can drive even informed athletes crazy. That’s why Dr. Mike Israetel is back on the podcast to clear up the confusion about training for bodybuilding.
Mike breaks the science of smart training down into seven priorities, and then shows you how to modify those priorities based on your goals.
– A simple and highly effective way to periodize your training to get stronger and bigger.
– The pros and cons of split routines versus full-body routines.
– How to select exercises that will actually make you bigger and stronger, instead of just making you tired.
– The best rep range for bodybuilders (it’s not what you think).
– Whether or not you should do cardio if you want to build muscle.
– How to use just enough exercise variety to make gains, without compromising your strength.
… and a bunch of other stuff like why Ronnie Coleman needs a whole day to train his shoulders.
Click the Player to Listen
Click here to download the mp3.
Powerlifting Insights Into Bodybuilding Training by Mike Israetel
5 Questions with Dr. Mike Israetel by Greg Nuckols
Get More from Evidence Radio
Click here to subscribe or leave a ranking on iTunes.
Click here to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Click here to listen to past episodes.