Strength training for muscle gain is not the same as strength training for fat loss.
Many of the same principles apply, but there are some important differences that you should understand to get lean.
In this podcast, Brad Schoenfeld returns on the show to talk about the most scientifically supported ways to use strength training for fat loss. You’ll learn:
- The key differences between strength training for fat loss versus strength training for muscle gain.
- How to intelligently use cardio and high-intensity interval training for fat loss.
- How to train in a way that maintains muscle mass while dieting.
- The pros and cons of going to failure while “cutting.”
- How to avoid overtraining while losing fat.
- How to modify your rest periods between sets for fat loss.
- Whether or not “occlusion training” can help you lose fat.
Click the Player to Listen
[A Research-Proven Guide to Gaining Muscle](https://evidencemag.com/max-muscle-plan-podcast/)
The M.A.X. Muscle Plan by Brad Schoenfeld
Other Listening Options
Click here to download the mp3 | 34.7 MB | 37:49
“Breathe In Breathe Out” by Singleton
Click here to leave a review on iTunes.
> Did you enjoy this podcast? [Click here to check out my book, *Flexible Dieting](https://evidencemag.com/flexible-dieting-book)*. Want an even more in-depth education on how to lose weight, build muscle, and get stronger and healthier? [Join Evidence Mag Elite](https://evidencemag.com/elite) and get member’s-only reports and interviews.