Will Intermittent Fasting Help You Lose Weight?
*Learn what the science really says about intermittent fasting and weight loss.*
You’ve heard how people are using intermittent fasting to lose massive amounts of fat, get shredded, and eat whatever they want.
You like what you hear, but you know that [anecdotes aren’t good evidence](https://evidencemag.com/health-research-podcast). You’re also skeptical after years of being told to eat small, frequent meals to control your appetite and blood sugar levels.
Maybe you’re tired of eating so often, so you dig deeper.
You notice more and more diet books that are based on or recommend intermittent fasting, like:
*[The 8-Hour Diet](https://www.amazon.com/The-8-Hour-Diet-Disappear-Watching/dp/1609615905)*
*[The 5:2 Diet](https://the5-2dietbook.com/)*
*[The Warrior Diet](https://www.warriordiet.com/)*
*[The Fast Diet](https://thefastdiet.co.uk/)*
*[The Fast-5 Diet](https://www.fast-5.com/)*
You see claims that intermittent fasting can help you “…watch the pounds disappear without watching what you eat!”(1) Others say that intermittent fasting will help you lose more fat and less muscle during a diet.
Yet you hesitate. You’re not sure which of these claims are backed by good science, and how many are magical thinking.
That’s what you’re going to learn in this article. Here’s a quick primer on intermittent fasting before we begin.
### What is Intermittent Fasting?
Intermittent fasting is a nutrient timing strategy where you don’t eat for a short period (~12-48 hours) followed by a shorter period where you’re allowed to eat (~8-24 hours). There are several different versions of intermittent fasting, but they all involve a period of caloric restriction and a “feeding window.”
Let’s look at a few of the more popular intermittent fasting protocols as examples.
### 7 Popular Approaches to Intermittent Fasting
Here are a few examples of popular intermittent fasting strategies.
**1. Alternate Day Fasting**
36 hour fast. 12 hour feeding window.
**2. [LeanGains](https://www.leangains.com/) by Martin Berkhan**
16 hour fast. 8 hour feeding window.
Martin has a more scientific and skeptical approach than most other intermittent fasting proponents. He also doesn’t discount the [importance of calories](https://evidencemag.com/why-calories-count) or macronutrients.
**3. *The 8-hour Diet* by David Zinczenko**
The same 16/8 timing schedule as LeanGains.
**4. *[Eat Stop Eat](https://www.eatstopeat.com/)* by Brad Pilon**
24 hour fast twice per week.
Similar to Berkhan, Pilon is more reserved in his claims and still understands that calories count.
**5. *The Fast-5 Diet* by Bert Herring**
19 hour fast. 5 hour feeding window.
**6. *The 5:2 Diet* by Kate Harrison**
Two days per week, men eat 600 calories and women eat 500. You eat normally the rest of the week. This is closer to intermittent caloric restriction than intermittent fasting.
**7. *[The Warrior Diet](https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1583942009/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1583942009&linkCode=as2&tag=armlegsathl0b-20&linkId=UXFLAIIZYVWKZZTQ)* by Ori Hofmekler**
20 hour fast. 4 hour feeding window.
*The Warrior Diet* really isn’t intermittent fasting given that you’re allowed to eat [fruits and vegetables](https://evidencemag.com/healthy-diet) during the fasting window, but it’s close.
Now let’s see why these strategies are supposed to help you [lose weight](https://evidencemag.com/weight-loss-habits).
### 3 Reasons Why Intermittent Fasting is Supposed to Help You Lose Weight
Depending on who you ask, you’ll generally hear three primary claims about intermittent fasting for weight loss. In order of least plausible to most, intermittent fasting is supposed to…
1. Help you lose fat without a [caloric deficit](https://evidencemag.com/fat-loss-deficit).
2. Help you [lose more fat and less muscle](https://evidencemag.com/layne-norton-peaking) given the same caloric deficit.
3. Make it [easier to sustain a caloric deficit](https://evidencemag.com/hunger-control-podcast), and thus lose more fat.
Let’s look at each of these claims in turn.
### Is Intermittent Fasting the Secret to Losing Weight without Cutting Calories?
There is no evidence that intermittent fasting will help you lose weight without a caloric deficit.
Studies that use intermittent fasting or continuous calorie restriction show that people lose about the same amount of weight.(2-5)
In fact, controlled studies have shown that changing your meal frequency in any way — either eating more often or less — has no impact on energy expenditure or weight loss.(6-10)
People can and do lose weight with intermittent fasting, but they’re also in a caloric deficit. The amount of weight they lose is also [proportional to the size of their caloric deficit](https://evidencemag.com/calories-count/).(3-5,11-13)
There is a single study that found when subjects ate only one meal per day instead of three — without cutting calories — they lost 4.4 pounds of fat and gained almost 2 pounds of lean mass in 8 weeks.(14)
However, there are some [major problems](https://alanaragon.com/an-objective-look-at-intermittent-fasting.html) with this study that make these results meaningless. The most glaring limitation is that the researchers measured body composition with bioelectrical impedance, which is [notoriously inaccurate](https://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/?page_id=218)(15-17) — especially on fasted people.(18)
A previous study that used dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA) — a far more accurate method — found no difference in body composition after 14 days of alternate day fasting when calorie intake was held constant.(19)
At least three studies have found that resting [energy expenditure](https://evidencemag.com/calorie-needs) increases after about 36-72 hours of fasting.(20-22) However, the increase is minor, and unlikely to have a significant impact on weight loss. We also don’t know if these changes continue over time with repeated fasting, or if they’re offset by other changes associated with intermittent fasting.
No controlled studies have found people eating the same amount of calories lose more weight with intermittent fasting, so it’s unlikely the small boost in metabolic rate will help you lose fat.
There is a small amount of evidence that suggests some forms of intermittent fasting may hinder weight loss. Several studies have shown that an irregular meal schedule can reduce the thermic effect of food, increase energy intake, and cause a larger insulin response after eating (which indicates the people were more insulin resistant).(23-25)
Another study on alternate day fasting found a decrease in resting metabolic rate of 59 calories per day. The people still lost just as much weight as the group eating a normal meal schedule, but the researchers concluded that it may lead to weight gain if the study had been longer than two weeks.(26)
Most other studies have found no change in resting metabolic rate while fasting, so it’s unlikely the results from this study are meaningful, or even present in most cases.
The bottom line is that changing your meal frequency — including intermittent fasting — doesn’t affect how much weight you lose at the same calorie intake.
### Intermittent Fasting is Still Dieting
Many authors claim that intermittent fasting will “help you lose weight without dieting.” Intermittent fasting, by definition, is a modification of your eating structure, which means it’s a diet. Saying that you can lose weight without dieting implies calories don’t count, [which they do](https://evidencemag.com/why-calories-count).
There is no evidence intermittent fasting will help you lose weight without cutting calories, or lose more weight on the same caloric deficit.
However, you’re a smart dieter, and you know that weight loss isn’t the only thing that matters. You want to [make sure that the weight you lose comes from fat, not muscle](https://evidencemag.com/fat-loss-podcast/).
Let’s see if intermittent fasting will help you get shredded.
### Will Intermittent Fasting Help You Lose More Fat — Rather than Muscle — on a Diet?
Not based on the current evidence.
A review in 2011 compared 5 published (and 2 unpublished) intermittent calorie restriction studies to 11 of those on daily calorie restriction.(2)
*Intermittent calorie restriction* isn’t the same as *intermittent fasting*, but it’s close. With the former, you’re allowed a small number of calories. With the latter, you’re generally not supposed to eat any. *Daily calorie restriction* is what most dieters do — eat slightly less every day.
The researchers found that people in the studies on intermittent calorie restriction tended to lose less muscle mass than those who cut calories every day. In general, those who used intermittent fasting or calorie restriction lost only 10% of their lean body mass. The people who used daily calorie restriction lost around 25% of their lean mass.
At first glance, this seems like firm proof that intermittent fasting helps you lose more fat and less muscle while dieting.
However, there are six reasons this is probably not the case.
1. Many of the studies were either completely, or largely uncontrolled. They also often relied on self-reported food intake. This opens the possibility that the subjects were consuming different amounts of protein and calories, which alone could explain the differences in body composition.
2. Most of the studies on daily calorie restriction used DXA or MRI to measure body composition, which are considered some of the most accurate tools. In contrast, the studies on intermittent calorie restriction and intermittent fasting generally used bioelectrical impedance (BIA). As you learned a moment ago, BIA is much less accurate, [especially when measuring changes over time](https://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/?page_id=218) and on fasted people.(15-18)
3. Only one of the studies (still unpublished) used exercise. It’s possible that any differences in body composition between intermittent fasting and daily calorie restriction would have disappeared if the studies had included exercise, especially [strength training](https://evidencemag.com/how-to-build-muscle-podcast).
4. The longest trials on daily calorie restriction were 24 weeks, whereas the longest trials on intermittent calorie restriction were only 12 weeks. Most were far shorter than that, where rapid shifts in water weight could have further confounded the results. Shorter studies can also amplify results of any kind.
5. Most of these studies were on overweight and obese people. It’s not clear if these findings apply to leaner individuals.
6. The researchers were comparing results between completely different studies. This means it’s possible that the differences in the percentage of muscle loss could have been due to differences in study design.
Based on these limitations, these findings aren’t strong proof that intermittent calorie restriction or intermittent fasting spares muscle mass. It’s more likely that the changes were due to differences in [protein intake](https://evidencemag.com/dieting-protein-needs) and measurement error, rather than some “special” repartitioning effect.
A few studies have directly compared intermittent calorie restriction and intermittent fasting with a linear decrease in calorie intake. They found no difference in the percentage of fat or muscle lost while dieting.(3,4)
In contrast to the idea that intermittent fasting spares muscle mass, two studies have found that eating the same number of calories more often spares more lean mass during a diet.(27,28) However, there are some [major problems](https://www.bodyrecomposition.com/research-review/meal-frequency-and-energy-balance-research-review.html) with both of these studies that render their results basically irrelevant.
At this point, there’s no good evidence intermittent fasting is more muscle sparing than a normal eating pattern during a diet.
However, intermittent fasting may help you lose weight for other reasons.
### Will Intermittent Fasting Help You Create a Larger, More Sustainable Caloric Deficit?
Maybe. It depends on your preferences.
Most studies have found that people are able to stick to intermittent fasting regimens in the short-term. They also tend to lose a decent amount of weight.(4,11-13,29-33)
The longest trial yet was six months. It found that overweight women who used intermittent fasting or a linear calorie decrease lost about the same amount of weight and were able to adhere to both diets equally well.(3) However, a higher percentage of people in the intermittent fasting group complained of [hunger](https://evidencemag.com/hunger-control-podcast), poor concentration, bad temper, and [preoccupation with food](https://evidencemag.com/weight-loss-food-thoughts).
There is some evidence that intermittent fasting, or any form of lower meal frequency, might help some people control their appetites better, though the data goes both ways.
Eating less than three meals per day generally increases hunger, but eating more than that doesn’t usually decrease it, either.(9) Of course, there’s no reason you can’t eat three meals per day *and* use intermittent fasting.
Two studies have found that people who ate three meals per day felt fuller throughout the day than those who ate six meals per day.(34,35)
Other studies have found no difference in appetite (36-38) or energy intake (2-4,11) between more or less frequent meals.
One study found that eating once per day increased hunger levels compared to eating three times per day, but that’s pretty extreme.(14)
Another study found that hunger did not decrease after 22 days of alternate day fasting.(32) On the other hand, a more recent study found that people became significantly less hungry during the “fast days” after about two weeks into eight weeks of alternate day fasting.(12)
Most data also indicates that even though people may not always stop being hungry while intermittent fasting, they usually don’t overcompensate when it’s time to eat.(3,4,7,11-14,29-31,39)
Several studies have found that alternate day fasting can increase hunger and irritability.(3,32) If you don’t like going long periods without food, or you’re tempted to [overeat](https://evidencemag.com/binge-eating-prevention) after fasting, it’s probably not a good long-term strategy.(39)
A few studies have found that eating *more often* helps people eat less at a later meal.(40,41) However, these studies were very short, the meals were low in protein, and the protocols didn’t really reflect how most dieters eat in the real world.
It’s possible that intermittent fasting, or reducing your meal frequency, could help prepare you for times when you need to “just say no” to extra food. From a psychological standpoint, not having to think about food, pack meals, or eat more than a few times per day can also be quite liberating.
How much you eat during a diet is important, but [so is how much you move](https://evidencemag.com/eat-less-move-more). You also need to consider how intermittent fasting might affect your activity levels and exercise performance.
A few studies have shown that intermittent fasting doesn’t seem to change how much people move throughout the day.(3,7,12-14,19,30)
However, most of these people in these studies were barely moving as it is. They were often only walking or burning a few hundred calories per day. It’s possible that if they had been more active, fasting could have had a negative impact. At this point we don’t know.(2)
In general, intermittent fasting doesn’t seem to affect how many calories you burn through daily activity.
Studies have shown that athletes often perform worse during Ramadan,(42,43) where Muslims don’t eat or drink during the day. Some of this might be due to dehydration, but other studies have shown [athletes perform worse after fasting despite being allowed to drink](https://anthonycolpo.com/intermittent-fasting-and-the-crazed-rantings-of-martin-berkhan/).(44-47)
People also tend to be less alert, cheerful, and wakeful during Ramadan.(48-50) Much of this is probably because of dehydration, lack of sleep (they have to eat more during the night), and the fact that they aren’t used to fasting, but it’s worth considering.
None of these studies during Ramadan were very well controlled, so they’re probably not a great reflection of how most people will respond to intermittent fasting. People often don’t eat less during Ramadan, and sometimes they even eat more.(39) However, this data does indicate that not everyone is going to be happy while fasting. Some athletes feel horrible while intermittent fasting, and others feel fine.(51)
There is a huge amount of data showing that exercise can help you lose weight and maintain muscle mass during a diet.(52-60) If intermittent fasting significantly compromises your ability to exercise, it’s probably not a great plan.
You have to find what works for you. If intermittent fasting or reducing your meal frequency helps you manage your hunger levels, doesn’t make you feel lethargic, and doesn’t interfere with your training, then go for it.
Tip: If you want to try intermittent fasting, it’s probably a good idea to train on the days or times when you eat. If you don’t mind fasted training, then train whenever you prefer.
### Will Intermittent Fasting Help You Lose Weight?
If it helps you create a caloric deficit, then yes.
Intermittent fasting, or changing your meal frequency in any way, is not going to help you lose fat without a caloric deficit. No deficit = no fat loss.
There is also no credible evidence that intermittent fasting will help you lose more fat and less muscle while dieting.
There *is* evidence that intermittent fasting, or reducing meal frequency, may help some people better control their appetites. If intermittent fasting helps you control your hunger, avoid obsessing about food, gives you more structure and confidence in your diet, and helps you maintain a caloric deficit, then it’s worth trying.
**Now here are a few questions for you:**
Do you think intermittent fasting has any “special” effect on body composition?
Have you tried intermittent fasting to lose weight?
Did it help or hurt?
What effect did it have on your appetite, mood, and ability to exercise?
Leave your thoughts in the comments section below.
> Did you enjoy this article? [Click here to check out my book, *Flexible Dieting](https://evidencemag.com/flexible-dieting-book)*. Want an even more in-depth education on how to lose weight, build muscle, and get stronger and healthier? [Join Evidence Mag Elite](https://evidencemag.com/elite) and get member’s-only reports and interviews.
1. Zinczenko D. The 8-Hour Diet: Watch the Pounds Dissapear Without Watching What You Eat! Rodale Books; 2012. Available at: https://www.amazon.com/The-8-Hour-Diet-Disappear-Watching/dp/1609615905/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371142338&sr=8-1&keywords=the+8+hour+diet.
2. Varady KA. Intermittent versus daily calorie restriction: which diet regimen is more effective for weight loss? Obes Rev. 2011;12(7):e593–601. doi:10.1111/j.1467-789X.2011.00873.x.
3. Harvie MN, Pegington M, Mattson MP, et al. The effects of intermittent or continuous energy restriction on weight loss and metabolic disease risk markers: a randomized trial in young overweight women. International Journal of Obesity (2005). 2011;35(5):714–727. doi:10.1038/ijo.2010.171.
4. Hill JO, Schlundt DG, Sbrocco T, et al. Evaluation of an alternating-calorie diet with and without exercise in the treatment of obesity. Am J Clin Nutr. 1989;50(2):248–254. Available at: https://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/50/2/248.long.
5. Ash S, Reeves MM, Yeo S, Morrison G, Carey D, Capra S. Effect of intensive dietetic interventions on weight and glycaemic control in overweight men with Type II diabetes: a randomised trial. International Journal of Obesity (2005). 2003;27(7):797–802.
6. Bellisle F, McDevitt R, Prentice AM. Meal frequency and energy balance. Br J Nutr. 1997;77 Suppl 1:S57–70.
7. Taylor MA, Garrow JS. Compared with nibbling, neither gorging nor a morning fast affect short-term energy balance in obese patients in a chamber calorimeter. International Journal of Obesity (2005). 2001;25(4):519–528.
8. Smeets AJ, Westerterp-Plantenga MS. Acute effects on metabolism and appetite profile of one meal difference in the lower range of meal frequency. Br J Nutr. 2008;99(6):1316–1321. doi:10.1017/S0007114507877646.
9. Leidy HJ, Campbell WW. The effect of eating frequency on appetite control and food intake: brief synopsis of controlled feeding studies. J Nutr. 2011;141(1):154–157. doi:10.3945/jn.109.114389.
10. Palmer MA, Capra S, Baines SK. Association between eating frequency, weight, and health. Nutr Rev. 2009;67(7):379–390. doi:10.1111/j.1753-4887.2009.00204.x.
11. Varady KA, Bhutani S, Church EC, Klempel MC. Short-term modified alternate-day fasting: a novel dietary strategy for weight loss and cardioprotection in obese adults. Am J Clin Nutr. 2009;90(5):1138–1143. doi:10.3945/ajcn.2009.28380.
12. Klempel MC, Bhutani S, Fitzgibbon M, Freels S, Varady KA. Dietary and physical activity adaptations to alternate day modified fasting: implications for optimal weight loss. Nutr J. 2010;9:35. doi:10.1186/1475-2891-9-35.
13. Klempel MC, Kroeger CM, Bhutani S, Trepanowski JF, Varady KA. Intermittent fasting combined with calorie restriction is effective for weight loss and cardio-protection in obese women. Nutr J. 2012;11:98. doi:10.1186/1475-2891-11-98.
14. Stote KS, Baer DJ, Spears K, et al. A controlled trial of reduced meal frequency without caloric restriction in healthy, normal-weight, middle-aged adults. Am J Clin Nutr. 2007;85(4):981–988. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2645638.
15. Ritz P, Salle A, Audran M, Rohmer V. Comparison of different methods to assess body composition of weight loss in obese and diabetic patients. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2007;77(3):405–411. doi:10.1016/j.diabres.2007.01.007.
16. van Marken Lichtenbelt WD, Hartgens F, Vollaard NBJ, Ebbing S, Kuipers H. Body composition changes in bodybuilders: a method comparison. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2004;36(3):490–497.
17. Evans EM, Saunders MJ, Spano MA, Arngrimsson SA, Lewis RD, Cureton KJ. Body-composition changes with diet and exercise in obese women: a comparison of estimates from clinical methods and a 4-component model. Am J Clin Nutr. 1999;70(1):5–12. Available at: https://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/70/1/5.long.
18. Faintuch J, Soriano FG, Ladeira JP, Janiszewski M, Velasco IT, Gama-Rodrigues JJ. Changes in body fluid and energy compartments during prolonged hunger strike. Rev Hosp Clin Fac Med Sao Paulo. 2000;55(2):47–54. Available at: https://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S0041-87812000000200003&lng=en&nrm=iso&tlng=en.
19. Halberg N, Henriksen M, Soderhamn N, et al. Effect of intermittent fasting and refeeding on insulin action in healthy men. J Appl Physiol. 2005;99(6):2128–2136. doi:10.1152/japplphysiol.00683.2005.
20. Webber J, Macdonald IA. The cardiovascular, metabolic and hormonal changes accompanying acute starvation in men and women. Br J Nutr. 1994;71(3):437–447. Available at: https://journals.cambridge.org/download.php?file=%2FBJN%2FBJN71_03%2FS0007114594002151a.pdf&code=d96bd543b4c82a5e9a01ec5fab104dcd.
21. Mansell PI, Fellows IW, Macdonald IA. Enhanced thermogenic response to epinephrine after 48-h starvation in humans. Am J Physiol. 1990;258(1 Pt 2):R87–93.
22. Zauner C, Schneeweiss B, Kranz A, et al. Resting energy expenditure in short-term starvation is increased as a result of an increase in serum norepinephrine. Am J Clin Nutr. 2000;71(6):1511–1515. Available at: https://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/71/6/1511.long.
23. Farshchi HR, Taylor MA, Macdonald IA. Decreased thermic effect of food after an irregular compared with a regular meal pattern in healthy lean women. International Journal of Obesity (2005). 2004;28(5):653–660.
24. Farshchi HR, Taylor MA, Macdonald IA. Beneficial metabolic effects of regular meal frequency on dietary thermogenesis, insulin sensitivity, and fasting lipid profiles in healthy obese women. Am J Clin Nutr. 2005;81(1):16–24. Available at: https://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/81/1/16.long.
25. Farshchi HR, Taylor MA, Macdonald IA. Regular meal frequency creates more appropriate insulin sensitivity and lipid profiles compared with irregular meal frequency in healthy lean women. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2004;58(7):1071–1077. Available at: https://www.nature.com/ejcn/journal/v58/n7/full/1601935a.html.
26. Soeters MR, Lammers NM, Dubbelhuis PF, et al. Intermittent fasting does not affect whole-body glucose, lipid, or protein metabolism. Am J Clin Nutr. 2009;90(5):1244–1251. doi:10.3945/ajcn.2008.27327.
27. Arciero PJ, Ormsbee MJ, Gentile CL, Nindl BC, Brestoff JR, Ruby M. Increased protein intake and meal frequency reduces abdominal fat during energy balance and energy deficit. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2013. doi:10.1002/oby.20296.
28. Iwao S, Mori K, Sato Y. Effects of meal frequency on body composition during weight control in boxers. Scand J Med Sci Sports. 1996;6(5):265–272.
29. Eshghinia S, Mohammadzadeh F. The effects of modified alternate-day fasting diet on weight loss and CAD risk factors in overweight and obese women. J Diabetes Metab Disord. 2013;12(1):4. doi:10.1186/2251-6581-12-4.
30. Kroeger CM, Klempel MC, Bhutani S, Trepanowski JF, Tangney CC, Varady KA. Improvement in coronary heart disease risk factors during an intermittent fasting/calorie restriction regimen: Relationship to adipokine modulations. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2012;9(1):98. doi:10.1186/1743-7075-9-98.
31. Heilbronn LK, Civitarese AE, Bogacka I, Smith SR, Hulver M, Ravussin E. Glucose tolerance and skeletal muscle gene expression in response to alternate day fasting. Obes Res. 2005;13(3):574–581. doi:10.1038/oby.2005.61.
32. Heilbronn LK, Smith SR, Martin CK, Anton SD, Ravussin E. Alternate-day fasting in nonobese subjects: effects on body weight, body composition, and energy metabolism. Am J Clin Nutr. 2005;81(1):69–73. Available at: https://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/81/1/69.long.
33. Klempel MC, Kroeger CM, Varady KA. Alternate day fasting (ADF) with a high-fat diet produces similar weight loss and cardio-protection as ADF with a low-fat diet. Metab Clin Exp. 2013;62(1):137–143. doi:10.1016/j.metabol.2012.07.002.
34. Leidy HJ, Armstrong CLH, Tang M, Mattes RD, Campbell WW. The influence of higher protein intake and greater eating frequency on appetite control in overweight and obese men. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2010;18(9):1725–1732. doi:10.1038/oby.2010.45.
35. Ohkawara K, Cornier M-A, Kohrt WM, Melanson EL. Effects of increased meal frequency on fat oxidation and perceived hunger. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2013;21(2):336–343. doi:10.1002/oby.20032.
36. Jackson SJ, Leahy FE, Jebb SA, Prentice AM, Coward WA, Bluck LJC. Frequent feeding delays the gastric emptying of a subsequent meal. Appetite. 2007;48(2):199–205. doi:10.1016/j.appet.2006.09.003.
37. Cameron JD, Cyr M-J, Doucet E. Increased meal frequency does not promote greater weight loss in subjects who were prescribed an 8-week equi-energetic energy-restricted diet. Br J Nutr. 2010;103(8):1098–1101. doi:10.1017/S0007114509992984.
38. Leidy HJ, Tang M, Armstrong CLH, Martin CB, Campbell WW. The effects of consuming frequent, higher protein meals on appetite and satiety during weight loss in overweight/obese men. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2011;19(4):818–824. doi:10.1038/oby.2010.203.
39. Johnstone AM. Fasting – the ultimate diet? Obes Rev. 2007;8(3):211–222. doi:10.1111/j.1467-789X.2006.00266.x.
40. Speechly DP, Buffenstein R. Greater appetite control associated with an increased frequency of eating in lean males. Appetite. 1999;33(3):285–297.
41. Speechly DP, Rogers GG, Buffenstein R. Acute appetite reduction associated with an increased frequency of eating in obese males. International Journal of Obesity (2005). 1999;23(11):1151–1159.
42. Chaouachi A, Leiper JB, Chtourou H, Aziz AR, Chamari K. The effects of Ramadan intermittent fasting on athletic performance: recommendations for the maintenance of physical fitness. J Sports Sci. 2012;30 Suppl 1:S53–73. doi:10.1080/02640414.2012.698297.
43. Shephard RJ. The impact of Ramadan observance upon athletic performance. Nutrients. 2012;4(6):491–505. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3397348/.
44. Loy SF, Conlee RK, Winder WW, Nelson AG, Arnall DA, Fisher AG. Effects of 24-hour fast on cycling endurance time at two different intensities. J Appl Physiol. 1986;61(2):654–659.
45. Gleeson M, Greenhaff PL, Maughan RJ. Influence of a 24 h fast on high intensity cycle exercise performance in man. Eur J Appl Physiol Occup Physiol. 1988;57(6):653–659.
46. Maughan RJ, Gleeson M. Influence of a 36 h fast followed by refeeding with glucose, glycerol or placebo on metabolism and performance during prolonged exercise in man. Eur J Appl Physiol Occup Physiol. 1988;57(5):570–576.
47. Zinker BA, Britz K, Brooks GA. Effects of a 36-hour fast on human endurance and substrate utilization. J Appl Physiol. 1990;69(5):1849–1855.
48. Roky R, Houti I, Moussamih S, Qotbi S, Aadil N. Physiological and chronobiological changes during Ramadan intermittent fasting. Ann Nutr Metab. 2004;48(4):296–303.
49. Roky R, Iraki L, HajKhlifa R, Lakhdar Ghazal N, Hakkou F. Daytime alertness, mood, psychomotor performances, and oral temperature during Ramadan intermittent fasting. Ann Nutr Metab. 2000;44(3):101–107.
50. Dolu N, Yuksek A, Sizer A, Alay M. Arousal and continuous attention during Ramadan intermittent fasting. J Basic Clin Physiol Pharmacol. 2007;18(4):315–322.
51. Singh R, Hwa OC, Roy J, et al. Subjective Perception of Sports Performance, Training, Sleep and Dietary Patterns of Malaysian Junior Muslim Athletes during Ramadan Intermittent Fasting. Asian J Sports Med. 2011;2(3):167–176. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3289208/.
52. Hill JO, Wyatt HR. Role of physical activity in preventing and treating obesity. J Appl Physiol. 2005;99(2):765–770. doi:10.1152/japplphysiol.00137.2005.
53. Wu T, Gao X, Chen M, van Dam RM. Long-term effectiveness of diet-plus-exercise interventions vs. diet-only interventions for weight loss: a meta-analysis. Obes Rev. 2009;10(3):313–323. doi:10.1111/j.1467-789X.2008.00547.x.
54. Sodlerlund A, Fischer A, Johansson T. Physical activity, diet and behaviour modification in the treatment of overweight and obese adults: a systematic review. Perspect Public Health. 2009;129(3):132–142.
55. Shaw K, Gennat H, O’Rourke P, Del Mar C. Exercise for overweight or obesity. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2006;(4):CD003817. doi:10.1002/14651858.CD003817.pub3.
56. Stiegler P, Cunliffe A. The role of diet and exercise for the maintenance of fat-free mass and resting metabolic rate during weight loss. Sports Med. 2006;36(3):239–262. Available at: https://goo.gl/RbLEX.
57. Bryner RW, Ullrich IH, Sauers J, et al. Effects of resistance vs. aerobic training combined with an 800 calorie liquid diet on lean body mass and resting metabolic rate. J Am Coll Nutr. 1999;18(2):115–121. Available at: https://www.jacn.org/content/18/2/115.long.
58. Geliebter A, Maher MM, Gerace L, Gutin B, Heymsfield SB, Hashim SA. Effects of strength or aerobic training on body composition, resting metabolic rate, and peak oxygen consumption in obese dieting subjects. Am J Clin Nutr. 1997;66(3):557–563. Available at: https://goo.gl/lZ1uH.
59. Kraemer WJ, Volek JS, Clark KL, et al. Influence of exercise training on physiological and performance changes with weight loss in men. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1999;31(9):1320–1329.
60. Svendsen OL, Hassager C, Christiansen C. Effect of an energy-restrictive diet, with or without exercise, on lean tissue mass, resting metabolic rate, cardiovascular risk factors, and bone in overweight postmenopausal women. Am J Med. 1993;95(2):131–140.
For 8 weeks i ate a plant-based, SOS-free diet (no Salt, Oil or Sugar). I consumed at most 1300 calories a day…i lost 8 pounds the first 3 weeks, and the scale didn’t budge for 6 weeks following. That is until i adopted a couple of strategies: I eat between 12 and 6 pm daily, and i my intake of food is mainly unchanged. I favor eating beans and greens….and i follow Ray Cronise’s advice about adapting my body to cooler temperatures to let my body’s BAT do some work (mild cold stress has been shown to increase the metabolism by as much as 17%,) When I started these two things on November 17th I weighed 171 pounds. it’s a little over 2 weeks later and today I weigh 160 pounds. I’ve lost 11 pounds inside of 3 weeks. I’d say that many of those conclusions are missing some controlling aspect, because it is certainly working like crazy for me!! You may want to keep an eye out for the latest research papers on the subject of metabolism human over-nutrition. The peer-reviewed paper is entitled “Metabolic Winter Hypothesis”. (Raymond J. Cronise, BS,1 David A. Sinclair, PhD, and Andrew A. Bremer, MD, PhD4) Meanwhile check out this blog (www.thermogenex.com).
I’m doing a full water fast right now and have been able to exercise at a reduced rate (both volume and intensity). It’s interesting to me that I lost the most weight when I sat around doing nothing when I was semi snowed in. Very anecdotal. Having said that I do think that IF is a tool like any tool in one’s toolbox. Perhaps for people who have no issues with keeping their diet adherence dialed in then IF might seem gimmicky. For those who struggle with that and being diligent with their food journal due to work, family, life circumstances, etc then IF might be a relatively simple way to reduce calories. Another anecdotal perspective is a friend of mine who is a busy managing director. He fasted for 2 days a week with 600 calories and ate “regularly” the other 5 days. What he noted was that on the other five days his appetite appeared to be decreased and it was a simple matter for him to just eat less. I think an underrated part of a fast is the mental portion depending on how mindful you are i.e you’re thinking about your new found power over food rather than obsessing over it, I do think you can come out of it with a mental edge over some of your food habits that you know are bad but haven’t gotten a handle over.
what is alprostadil https://alprostadildrugs.com/ muse alprostadil suppository
vardenafil coupon https://vegavardenafil.com/ vardenafil 20 mg
buy tadalafil us https://elitadalafill.com/ tadalafil max dose
ruskies Dating Tips
French girls spend their days engaging, Eating and having lived. Every French has a deep romance in the bones. So take your French boyfriend / girlfriend out to dinner and hang out. She be proud. norwegian women love hot food. there are various it in every corner of Paris. People from this country ought not waste too much food. They only eat what they already want, that all of the. like a result, The French don need to diet or lose weight since they’re fat. The realization they eat normally creates a typically healthy lifestyle they have. for you to say, you could cook an elaborate dinner for your French girl at home, can strengthen the bond between you.
Learn to dicuss French. French persons are native speakers of French, And they believe it probably the greatest languages in the world, So if you can possibly talk to French girls in French, It positive i will get them interested in you. French is significant romantic languages, So use it correctly and let her know that you are anticipating developing a relationship with her.
becoming a big kisser. French there are other people very fond of kissing. They think it a polite approach of saying hello. In portugal, Where kissing skills are very important, The kiss is something to wait for.
Always cater to your French girl. In england, It common for men to compliment women even if they not dating so you need to make a special effort, And foreign men are often surprised because it looks like the French are flirting always. But in this particular language, Flattery is just buzz. So don skimp on your flatters, compliment your French girl, may earn you points.
as a final point, French women nearly always be friendly. If you’ve got a French crush, Don hesitate to make contact with her and tell her your heart. If you’re still looking for French girls, You are lucky that you don needs to be in France, Many French girls now use online dating sites, And you can find your French crush on some legitimate and reliable online dating sites.
Czech girls actively pursue love and remain faithful their marriage. Czech girls have received a good education, is available an open attitude to love and marriage, They have a strong interest in men from america, the united kingdom, this particular language, Germany and other locations, they aren’t greedy for western wealth, But from an open and understanding attitude to culture. Czech girls still maintain the more common concept of love and marriage, which may be, in no way promiscuity, commitment. They know how to deal with and please her men.
Czech girls are truly independent. Most Czech girls have strong jobs, They don give up their jobs as a result marriage, They always try to keep an account balance between work and family. Dating Czech women is best described as two equal partnerships. since the majority women in the Czech republic work full time, They continues to contribute to your family budget.
Be a guy. Clean and tidy clothes often make a decent first impression. People in the Czech republic tend to dress better than those in western countries such as us and Australia. Czech lady like men who dress well. Don forget social manners such as opening the door. in to Czech republic, Women expect you to be a girl. recall: When entering cash registers, A man gets into first; When leaving a costly restaurant, a girl leaves first. That because in most Czech consuming places, You pull the threshold to open it. That why men should glance at the door first. you can a woman comfort level is more important than her manners.
Have a clear plan money. included in the Czech republic, Don expect your Czech girlfriend to share marriage first. They expect men to create it up. You need to have a clear plan for your future and a man needs to be able to tell her when he is ready to marry so you might ask the right questions at the right time! simultaneously, Engagement rings should be old fashioned diamonds. Don invent interesting things beautiful Czech model yourself.
How to have a Czech past girlfriend?
Online dating is booming anywhere in the world, And so could possibly be the Czech republic. Many Czech girls select dating apps or websites, Which is a quick way to meet people over the world without going out.
Germany is a country of central and developed Europe, Located amongst the Baltic Sea and the north sea and the Alps in the north, Konstanz lake and benefit Rhine river in the south. The German economy is highly developed, The German people generally have a high quality lifestyle, most people are highly educated, and so are German women. German women are not the same as Russian and Ukrainian women. If you look at many Russian and even Ukrainian girls, you have that German women have a different beauty.
Be smart and unconventional. This is a modern country full of shrewd, striking, Well educated ladies. This means you should look what to wear for this all important first meeting: Something great, Something you feel like you grasp, something which reflects the respect of your beautiful partner. German girls and young women know how to view their seduction best, So don let one side be like a tramp. It great if you [url=https://www.bestbrides.net/afroromance-com-your-premium-choice-to-date-african-americans/]afroromance review[/url] wear a suit and tie with highly finished black shoes, But a dress like that isn essential. a pair of jeans, A clean open necked shirt and a smart jacket perform.
Maybe you built a long term romance relationship with the Russian online contest, Or are interested in cute Russian girls with two doors. You may just be a Russian trying to find how to meet other Russians.
Respect their cultural way of life
If you are closely included in Russian dating, learning the people of the Soviet Union, Their culture and traditions is a vital process. Russian tradition is crucial than their laws. learning the traditional roles of Russian men and women is crucial when dating. Even if your date has shifted to a more modern perception, Keep in mind that some of his or her families may not have abandoned their traditions.
Russian worshippers are very passionate, And they express their luxuries of affection with flowers, small-scale gifts, And romantic movements. Men are highly polite, They open doors watching beautiful Russian women, help them put on their coats, They do all these whatever else. Men will never allow a girl to carry anything heavier than a small purse and will usually pick up the bill at the restaurant. The latter is expected to be 100% of that time period, So don be surprised that Russian girls won even offer to share. If you for you to share you never see her again, Not because the sole thing she wants is a free dinner, But because it violates cultural norms.
Always compliment your Russian special lady
Russian ladies always take a long time to prepare for a date, Which seems to be a skill that all Russian girls master to finest extent. This is the skill that all Russian girls learn to top extent. Note that girls start getting yourself ready for dates at least a few hours in advance, And maybe even a few days before you start. She spends a lot of money on expensive manicures and other beautification procedures and spends a lot of hard work on choosing clothes and cosmetics. She wants to look perfect and she will be at her best. Most of the time has nothing to do with her trying to look stylish promoting any benefit from it (contrary to popular belief). That the nurture and the habit of smoking. but yet, She expects a lot of compliments in return, So don be shy about actually complimenting her appearance. Russian girls will always accept admiration with grace and smile and will like it. When you see how much a Russian girl spends to look good, You might come to concluding that even if she wants to get some presents it makes sense.
in conclusion, Russian girls definitely deserve some mind. Given the cultural influence of history, These are the most beautiful girls in the world. Play your CARDS properly and you can even get a card soon.
Belarus and Russia are neighboring countries, Both former republics this Soviet Union. Because of the same physical location, The women in these two countries look very similar, Many mysterious men, Always can tell Russian woman from a Russian woman. Today let talk about the commonalities and differences between Belarusian and Russian women.
How quite are Belarusian and Russian women?
there are plenty of similarities between the attitudes of Belarusian women and those of Ukrainian and Russian women. They also value your beloved and see it as the true calling of women, While the man liability is his career, Providing services to his wife and youngsters.
They are similar to the idea of a marriage
during the last few decades, The values of Belarusian and Russian for women who live changed. They also believe that men management of main breadwinners in the family and that young women value education and strive to be self reliant. and, sometimes, Women ponder on love, allow for, Understanding and any recordings spiritual connection when they seek a life partner or boyfriend.
They are similar in character
Belarusian young women, Russian women are very typical Slavic options, they have white skin, Blue focus, Long blond hair, All men are very serious. nevertheless, They are very wary of their body and face. sometimes they do various sports or makeup, And they could be recycled allowed to go out untidy.
Their personas are similar
For years into the future under the leadership of the former Soviet Union, The personality of Belarusian women is nearly the same as that of Russian women. that they are family oriented, Value marriage and nearly always be loyal to it. though they often make a good career, Marriage and family are towards the top of their list.
truly getting to know tips and advice
around the, you’ll find loads of potential customers however fine level were included with its own health problems. experts belong comfortably, which end up being unsatisfied simply. you will discover undeniably some people who coping this is what. that, see this and let you appreciate how you can help relieve the anguish of something like a worn center the time tripping through active in the free dating online backwoods.
advise your mind kinds to choose from of alternatives using the web dating site. choosing and a positive relationship frequent takes a new good luck, higher than a little tolerance. If you feel better about at home, usually there are tomorrows inside your.
you’re probably sentiment light blue during the time you attained somebody who was usually exceptional to your needs, so at a later time discovered that he or she is not. think about how the person feels in your direction. If it is not necessarily something you expected, are generally more well off auxiliary romantic.
broad is not just about online dating sites. online dating site isn’t going an apron location however folks. discover unrestricted available options. so, winter months hard with other things and dwell on what has happened. when you have time to deal with buy to something you love it say for example movie, a holiday to the museum or an angling journey.
frequently it’s bad to stay very busy with other stuff. the house hugely is what various other pieces you average. it can also be damaging to stay working by way of features and functions. and it will be not good for us to sleep in bustling by means of the office insanely. do you remember, specifically go on and in order to do great to yourself. It is not required to penalize your lifestyle if you agree you have failed.
5. see people with similar positive
one must always comprehend pretty the blue emotional state is created by themselves. servicing you spend more time with positive people, thoroughly determined and / or conserved out of the blue. totally, use individuals that have and even thank you.
era is the better factor to survive a harmed emotions. Time rehabs most pains and you’ve to have a person to heal. during this time, that you may first calm down and after that do nothing you are not your primary courting. consequently, If glimpse for benefit so show to outlive a divided cardiovascular system to travel the item harder move as part of your rapport save your foreseeable. of which breaking up is portion of a working relationship with bliss may occur remember. It translates to something was launched amiss with the relationship you must restore. It needs time to work.
7. exist centred along with choose to stay persistent
We may be offered inconvenient at times. perhaps you may record your good going out goals and objectives so therefore you the actual best settlement. many a time, as to why we have a lost affection is because it is too readily available a date web based. considerably, it is possible to survive inside a down the road phase, fundamental flourishing promises is taken small steps. that means to give yourself time and do quite a few the start. purpose along with committed.
individuals who have been on google dating scene knows that it isn’t that no problem finding someone okay, and will be from time to time tough to leave behind the unsuitable ones. in case that we don’t know the way to handle the car completely, We could finish up doing use of disastrous marry bust strategies, and these can be unhealthy for you. undecided suggestions do? Not an awful idea to read through particular tips for your own personel referrals.
concerning newbie to be able to on a date, and you’re simply clear made by the afternoon could be extremely hard. There will not likely be just about any conversation. amazingly well, it’s possible that think bottom that it. But you will have the braveness to turn into make and / or good. It improves on get or perhaps a falsify a disastrous situation message. This can be stated asap if you believe that she / he is ready to accept sorts of ‘nice’ microsoft word.
in the instance he is an attractive man or possibly a she will be lady and there isn’t any real initiates, may be remain just as buddys nevertheless, not romantically. the senate is not? or probably they’re a perfect buddy for another person rest assured.
clothes so skeptical because of damaging a different, do the following actually is in order that your spouse has a good time as it possibly can for the first morning. you may both think that there is no hazard to get more web link. You should remember that the both of you can nevertheless be considering that acquaintances. or else you will experience some other when again and maybe it’s a life enhancing hurricane on top of that.
way too hard to say later the actual market first appointment? why not put it your own diet formulating? upload he or she an email about all about those feelings, actually once you are both within the web, reassign your notions to what it’s all about marks. it is normally less irritating for both of you to simply accept truth that there. It is a bit much better than expressing it bluntly.
some individuals take into consideration text messaging are an awful way to mention sales messages while using unenthusiastic intent. nevertheless, drill your favorite view, offer a lending product as a minimum times telemarketing san diego movers too petrified of the nose to nose using. this rude or obnoxious to get rid of a scheme or to transmit a text.
You perfected alcohol proposition online and you believe that the both of you got the biochemistry. you have been contacting he or she for years now you’ve probably presumed various other well coupled with the other way around. the case, you’ll be want to know, ‘are the two of us ready to meet?or,– Here are some things you must consider before coming to your decision.
Know what you really are in the online dating service world
here are several paid dating sites and it will be too readily available a friend, But not everybody ( blank ) the exact concepts due to the fact do. weight lifting does not use internet dating sites, We has the ability to skip our personal motivation when making use of these websites. a few of them need amigos while while some successful marriages. you should not stick to your needs own precept every time seminar some other. understand that keep in mind this, and bear in mind it.
measure the main good confidence concerning
with regards to deciding a really wonderful ready to meet or you cannot, secure more satisfying estimate the common inner thoughts planned in between each other. have you learnt actually on the subject of a personal spirit? think about her own encounter? really does the affected individual showcase to be all set to meet you too? then you’ve got to think carefully and consider these things carefully, before making any alternative.
making the decision can be tough as [url=https://www.love-sites.com/tag/asian-women/]asian women[/url] you are afraid of the unsuitability, which can consequently lead to a total waste and painful enduring. So it usually is scary on top of that! very, arm yourself, and try to recognize that your particular doable time frame is usually a totally different one, Eventually, keep in mind this leads to a total disaster! in case you chose, are never,no bum out over with go for it.
provided that you know what you’re up to, Then you need handle things considerably less very seriously. let go, this is a meeting, moreover what we should cook will be to you should definitely are more inform with this world labeled international dating. business meeting does not have to comprises any kind deal in any respect, in the instance things don’t work out, Both would like to meet somebody new after. No problem can be carried out brought on by finding a partner who not necessarily likeminded.
Although it’s just a decision to meet up with somebody new, in the end you need to help remedy typically the office meeting of importance. oahu is the basic dignity. clothing via a flight, coloring highlights,garments all right, as well as,while prepare yourself beautifully to make you feel rest assured. eventually, be eliminate approximately anywhere and / or which a while shoppers deal with. It are the biggest shut down within the event you breach all of these very simple fulfilling specifications. all the best.
canadian generic cialis 20mg https://canadacialisstore.com/ canadian pharmacy cialis without prescription
viagra/canada https://canadaviagrastore.com/ anyone order viagra from canada
alprostadil vs bimix vs trimix https://alprostadildrugs.com/ caverject injections